Friday, March 26, 2010


As I was on my window-shopping spree, I couldn't resist the temptation to buy this artifact - The Laughing Buddha

I don't know why but I just couldn't take my eyes off it. There is something about it. Watch closely & you will see his face glowing with joy, eyes sparling with happiness. The blissful look that he gives actually reminds me that perhaps, even I am looking for the same expression as his.

As we got our 'Maitreya' (Chinese name for 'Laughing buddha') to bless our home, I began to ask what does his posture signify? Of course, I googled but no luck. This posture seemed to be an unique one. I atleast came to know the meaning of stuff that my Maitreya was carrying - (1) The 'Coins' symbolize wealth (2) The 'Sack' represents Bag of Goodies & Prosperity

As I was telling my hubby dear about this, he also added his 2 cents on it. What Alok said next was an amazing thought.

Our Laughing buddha, if you observe closely his posture, is actually doing a balancing act between the loaded sack & basket full of Coins.

I got my answer. No more words were required. I now understood what my laughing buddha was trying to tell me.

Our 'Maitreya' is an inspiration. It reminds us to maintain a healthy balance between Happiness & Wealth. Both are important but your life is blissful only & only if you are able to strike a perfect balance between the two.

Many times in life, we tend to lose our balance as one 'side' gets heavier. But, then we need to immediately regain our stability & pose with a joyful smile - just like my Laughing Buddha!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

"i love budhhha"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Life As U Take It.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.